Sunday 21 June 2015

Chaos Fire Raptor, Divine Flame - The Colours of Chaos


It has been a bit of a trial to build and paint it but I've finally reached the stage that my Fire Raptor is tabletop ready.






The scale of the Raptor has been challenging to say the least, it has an imposing presence that dwarfs my humble Noise Marines.


My shortage of Imperial Purple paint has forced my hand with this model. The side turrets have been painted in the Castigators' bone colour for the simple reason that I've run out of purple. I wanted to add more details and some light weathering effects but the lack of purple to touch up any mistakes has stayed my hand.


I've tried 3 different makes of paint so far in an attempt to find a match, and whilst all have been close, none of them have been close enough. I have another three purple paints at the local post office waiting for collection, so hopefully one of them will match.....


......until I find a good match, I'm calling this finished. If something turns up I will return to it to and add a few more details and a little Chaosification ;-)


Until next time......may Our Lady grant you her number.

12 comments:

  1. Just awesome brother

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Brother. Have to see if I can squeeze it into a 1500pts list now ;-)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks pal. My next project will be my Lord on his cool looking bike ;-)

      Delete
  3. Well done. The women flames are an awesome idea I would never have thought of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Thor, but I can't take credit for the idea, it was ripped straight from the IA13 book. I'm happy with how it's turned out though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will be nice to see the bike painted mite urge me to paint my unit of 6 biker's. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you tried eBay for the old imperial purple paint pal?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tabletop ready? More like tabletop gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Greg. What I mean is that I'd like to do some weathering and subtle Chaosification to it, but a lack of Imperial purple has stopped me from going any further with it. I'll come back to it if I ever manage to find the right shade of paint, but until then, this is good as it gets ;-)

      Delete