Thursday 14 July 2016

Sheee'la'sar, the Amethyst Siren & Huntress of Slaanesh



Greetings sinners!
Work on the Harbingers of Joyous Degradation have slowed considerably, mainly because the event that I was building them for has released a rules pack that prevents me from using them....bugger!




Fortunately, as one door closes another door opens, and I've managed to get a last minute entry to the Caledonian Revolution.
This has given me the shot in the arm I need to continue working on them and finish them off.

I learnt a great deal last weekend about the Harbingers and how I need to use them. My inexperience of Daemons and Renegade Knights really took its toll. I'd never used either of them before and a tournament setting proved to be a steep learning curve for me. To compound this disadvantage I was playing in a team tournament, which, in case you have never played in such an event, is completely different to regular 40k. Despite that, I still had a great time and really enjoyed the weekend thanks to my good friend Michael and meeting up with some old friends that I hadn't seen in a while (mainly Team Wales who I got to play against twice).
Of course, all of this wasn't the real reason that I struggled so much last weekend, no, the real reason was because I was using a stand in model for my warlord in the form of an old Juan Diaz model!

I'm still a fan of the Juan Diaz models, but the newer Daemons have a charm that is equally as good, if not better. 
So to overcome this huge disadvantage, today I have been speed painting Sheee'la'sar, the Amethyst Siren and Huntress of Slaanesh.


I'm reasonably happy with how she has turned out considering she was completed in a day.


You'll notice that she's mounted on one of the new GW oval bases, Hopefully it will help people realise she's a Herald on a Steed and that the wings are just there to help with her speed.


I'm feeling much more confident now that I have a proper Warlord to lead my Harbingers.....the fact that I learnt so much last weekend will be purely coincidental should I do any better this weekend, it will be all down to Sheee'la'sar!

I've played at the venue where the Caledonian Revolution is being held at, so I'm confident I'll be able to take some reasonable photos, so expect to see a report on how the Harbingers fared next week......Until next time, may Our Lady grant you her number ;-)

9 comments:

  1. Excellent piece of work, Mr Castigator. The Herald head found in the Chariot kit is very expressive, in my opinion, it only lacks a diadem of sorts with the icon of the Dark Prince. I've tried to paint in on her forehead or elsewhere without much success. Is the red spot colour a glaze over a white undercoat? Red and purple don't mix well usually, but in this figure they blend quite well. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers buddy.
      I know what you mean about the diadem, she could do with some more work really, but this entire project was an exercise in getting models tabletop ready as quickly as possible. A day's painting is pretty quick for me and overall I'm happy enough with her.
      The red was just Blood for the Blood God painted straight on to the model. Some of the areas were still white, whilst others had an overspill from the violet. The gloss effect of the red gives some very interesting effects that don't really show up in the photos. If I was to spend more time on her, I would try adding some under-shading before adding the Blood God red. The paint is translucent and I think it is certainly worth experimenting with.

      Delete
  2. Wow that is very good for a day. Shame the othet tournie rules forced a change but glad you are going to get some fun in. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Rory, I'm going to need all the luck I can get at this event ;-)
      I have 8 more Seekers of Slaanesh to paint and then this little lot will be finished.....after that it's back to my Castigators to paint up a certain Chaos Spawn (Festus the fallen!) and something for our Path to Glory campaign.

      Delete
  3. Lord Adiatun Varunn15 July 2016 at 06:44

    Good luck for the Caledonian Revolution and congratulations for your "new" herald, she is really fine!
    I hope you have fun and achieve results that make you proud, Brother... and even Lord Slaanesh (or maybe Lady)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers buddy. I'm having a great time and the beer is flowing as much as the blood is!

      Delete
  4. Love the wings on her. She's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Greg, the wings were left over from the Crypt Flayers that I used for some of my Spawn.

      Delete
  5. Looking sexy as hell gaz ! mite have to borrow or should i steel your idea

    ReplyDelete