With the release of the Escher House of Blades book, it quickly became apparent that I would need to redesign my gang (as would Rob with his Goliaths). After several play testing sessions to get a reasonable balance between the gangs we both settled on gangs that we thought were interesting and fun to play with and against.
Here's what happened to the Voodoo Dolls...
|These 3 lucky ladies didn't have to be altered.|
As some of you may know, Rob and I play a more Narrative/Skirmish style of Necromunda (at least until we have built all of the gangs and then we'll try out a dominion campaign). We have a system that works for us and I'll quickly go through our gang building rules (this is mainly for me and Rob so we have a reference for future gangs).
We both think pets look cool but they're bloody awful rules wise so we've added a rule to allow us to use them:
- Each gang has 1600 Credits (Stash) to use.
- A gang has access to the Trading Post on creation.
- A maximum of 3 basic or Special weapons can be taken in a gang (e.g 3 boltguns, 3 Lasguns, 3 Plasma guns etc.)
- Hangers On - For each Hanger On allowed through increased Reputation, a gang gains 50 credits to pay for them. This is separate to a gang's Credits Stash. It can be banked to allow a gang to buy a more expensive Hanger On such as an Escher Shivver for example. A Hanger On can take part in any battle should the gang wish...Desperate times call for desperate measures.
- Pets Stash - Each gang is allocated 150 credits for pets upon creation. This is separate to the gang's Credits Stash, although a gang can use credits from their Credits Stash to add more pets if they wish E.G. An Orlock gang could add 50 Credits from their Credits Stash to their Pets Stash to buy two Cyber Mastiffs.
|I know what you're thinking, did she fire 6 shot or only 5? Well, to tell ya the truth, in all this excitement, I kinda lost track myself...|