Saturday, 4 July 2020
The Marionettes 2.0 (part 4) - RH-03-TUS
I finally managed to lift myself from my Lockdown ennui and finish the last champion for my Renegade Ad-Mech gang, the Marionettes.
Eighteen months ago (yes it's been that long....blush) this was how the champion looked. He was a bit of a rush job at the time because I was trying to get him finished quickly for Rory's annual Squaduary challenge. Of course me being me, I was soon distracted by something else and I missed the deadline a bit 😉.
As luck would have it GW released a couple of Necromunda supplements that added a few more weapons to the game. One of the these was the Arc Rifle (can't get more Ad-Mech than that!) so I ripped off the Plasma gun to give him a more fitting weapon.
I liked the idea of a champion skittering about on slender limbs giving him a sort of spider/centaur feel but the model looked a little too static, so I decided to add more movement to his legs. Basically I ripped him apart and rebuilt him and here is what I ended up with.....
As you can see he's changed quite a bit. The head swap is probably the most noticeable.
Armed with an Arc Rifle and an Autopistol, he is strictly built for laying down covering fire.
I decided to add a tattered raiment to help tie him in with the rest of the gang....
...and added the blooded cog for interest.
His face was a bit of a bugger to paint. It is so small and intricate that it isn't a natural focal point, so I added a limited jade glow to it in attempt to draw the eye to it. I'm not convinced it works that well but I like the effect and overall I'm happy with how Rhoetus came out.
I was hoping this would be the final model for my Renegade Mech gang but after playing many games with them, both Rob and I realised that the gang was too short on numbers to survive one of our 'Necromunda adventures'. They're great for one off skirmishes but as soon as they fought a battle their lack of numbers meant that they struggled to compete once their numbers had dwindled.
I've managed to fit in another two gangers, which are built and already for an undercoat (if it ever stops raining!). So the final picture of the Marionettes will have to wait until I've finished them.
Until next time....may the Hive Spirits watch over you! 😉