Thursday 23 March 2017

Nestor & Sheee'la'sar team up for Battlefield Birmingham



Greeting Sinners!
Once again, the call to war rings out across the sector. Eager to show off his new ride, Nestor Lustheart gathers his forces to battle with the Emperor's lapdogs, xenos and other unsavoury ne'er do wells.
With the majority of the Castigators' Cohorts hunting Black Templars around Cadia, our intrepid hero has called upon the services of Sheee'la'sar to aid him in his quest.....



Battlefield Birmingham is holding a 1850pt tournament this weekend. There are a few restrictions in place such as no more than one Lord of War and only two sources may be taken. Fortunately, for me, Forge World can be taken, so after several attempts at writing a list, I've finally settled on the following:
The Castigators Chaos Space Marines

(Emperor’s Children)

HQ
Nestor Lustheart (165pts)
Chaos Lord[65], Mark of Slaanesh[15], Power Fist[25], Lightning Claw[15] Bike[20], Sigil of Corruption[25].
TROOPS
Squad Divine (120pts)
5 Chaos Marines[75], MoS[10] Melta[10],
Darius Lewdgrip – Aspiring Champion with Combi-Melta[10] & Lightning Claw[15]
Dreadclaw (100pts)

The Violated (60pts)
10 Cultists, Mark of Slaanesh[10]

FAST ATTACK
Tormentum (170pts)
Heldrake, Baleflamer.

Squad Schadenfreude (207pts)
6 Chaos Bikers[130], Mark of Slaanesh[12], 2 Melta Guns[20], Icon of Excess[30]
Korath Vilehorn – Aspiring Champion with Power Weapon[15].

HEAVY SUPPORT
The Painsworn (150pts)
2 Rapier Weapons Carriers[80], 2 Cyclotrathe Conversion Beamers[70]

Divine Flame (210pts)
Fire Raptor[200], Autocannons[10]


The Harbingers of Joyous Degradation

Grande Cavalcade

Sheee’la’sar the Amethyst Siren (120pts)
Herald of Slaanesh[45], Steed of Slaanesh[15], Locus of Beguilement[30], Greater Reward[20], Slothful Claw[10].

The Soulreapers (144pts)
12 Seekers of Slaanesh[144]

The Harbingers of Sorrow (80pts)
2 Seeker Chariots[80]

The Harbingers of Despair (80pts)
2 Seeker Chariots[80]

The Harbingers of Pain (80pts)
2 Seeker Chariots[80]

The Harbingers of Misery (80pts)
2 Seeker Chariots[80]

The Harbingers of Torment (80pts)
2 Seeker Chariots[80]

Total: 1846pts


I'm having a bit of problem fitting this little lot in a case; I say case, but in actual fact it's a storage box because I have yet to find any case that will take a Fire Raptor, Heldrake and a Dreadclaw with ease. I may well turn up with two boxes and a veritable library of books for this army!
It certainly has a presence when deployed on the battlefield.....
.......and that's before the Fire Raptor and Heldrake showed up!

Hopefully the lighting will be much better at this venue and I can get some photos over the weekend. If I do get some, expect a brief tourney report to follow shortly*
Until next time......may Our Lady grant you her number.





*Shortly is a very imprecise term and I reserve the right to lengthen my version of shortly as I see fit ;-)

10 comments:

  1. Lord Adiatun Varunn23 March 2017 at 11:32

    Bring the true power of the Gods to your fool enemies! I wish you good luck and... have fun, Brother:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks awesome Buddy. You just keep getting better and better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You honey-dripper you!
      Looking forward to seeing you at the weekend mate.....even if you are on the other side ;-)

      Delete
  3. Everytime I see you field a Fireraptor I am tempted by one as my Sons need some mobile firepower.

    Army is looking well though, good luck and enjoy.

    (I had a spelling mistake in your url on my blogroll, so I thought you were not updating)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a funny thing is the Fire Raptor. Before every tournament, I think I'm not going to take it, it costs 210-225pts to field it and I could take a couple of units for that price; but I'm always happy with its performance.It throws out a lot of shots and is very survivable.....and I love the model as well (even though it was a nightmare to build).
      I've played two practice games with this list so far and lost both, but I still enjoy how it plays, so I'm hopeful of an enjoyable weekend ;-)

      Delete
    2. Fun games are one of the most important things.

      Delete
    3. It's all about the fun, nobody remembers who won what after a couple of weeks ;-)

      Delete
  4. Wow Gaz looks very impressive shame you couldn't fit your soul fiend grinder into the list would of looked ace in the photo army shot. flawless as ever Gabriel soul blazer salutes you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Dyl.
      One day, I might just finish my Soul Grinder.....But, it is not this day! ;-)

      Delete