Sunday 7 May 2023

A Tale of Nine Gamers (part 1)

 


Greetings readers.

The challenge begins to build and paint a Combat Patrol box set for August. Some of the Cold Steel Mercenaries have had their box for a week now and some of us a little less...Poor old Alex didn't receive his until Friday!
Here's a quick update on how we're getting on....


Josh (Tau)

Way out in front is Josh with his loathsome, dirty Tau πŸ˜‰. Josh had these built before most of us had even received our boxes. Great work Josh.



Michael (Orks)

Michael has been tearing through his Orks in an attempt to put us all to shame. He's even painted up a test piece but I'll leave that until the next post. Oh, I do love Orks.




Iain (Adeptus Mechanicus)

Iain is steadily working through them. He has a plan with his bases and is adding some cogs that he's acquired to spruce them up. I'm looking forward to seeing how these turn out. I'm also a little jealous because this is the box I wanted πŸ˜‰



Alex (Sisters of Battle)

Alex is at a bit of a disadvantage here because of them only arriving on Friday. Credit to him he's made a start though. Regular readers may remember I have a thing for Sisters of Battle (or Witch-Hunters as they were known in 5th edition) so I can't wait to see these painted up.


Steve (Aeldari)

...Or Eldar to me. My Brother in Sin has made a start on his Eldar and he's spent quite a bit of time converting the Wraithlord to hold its Sword 2 handed. Well worth the effort Brother!



Craig (Drukhari)

...Or Dark Eldar to me. Real life has has delayed Craig, so he'll have it all to do to catch up but I'm sure he'll swing into action soon.


Neil (Deathwatch)

Neil was all set for a building session this afternoon but real life once again intervened. I'm sure Neil will soon catch up.


Rob (Black Templars)

Rob is steadily working through his box set. The Crusader squad and Marshall are ready for some paint but he still has an Intercessor squad and a Repulsor to build. We have no game planned this week though so I'm sure he'll soon have those done.





Gary (Space Wolves)

I was doing really well (for a change) but I've hit a wall because I don't know what the Reivers will be armed with in 10th edition Combat Patrol. I've soldiered on though (groan) because I'm unavailable for the next week or so and I really wanted them built. I really like how easy the Primaris Marines are to build especially compared to Necromunda models.


And that's where we all stand at at the time of writing this.


I'm amazed at the size of the new Marines (new to me who hasn't played 40k since Primaris were released). About the biggest thing in Necromunda is the Ambot. Which is a chunky imposing model in 'Munda... 



....But it turns out that a large Necromunda model is really rather small in the 40k universe.


 I think I'm gonna need a bigger brush!

Until next time...May our lady grant you her number! πŸ˜‰

4 comments:

  1. It's really quite exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Michael, I think we're all motivating each other.

      Delete
  2. Good to see this. If motivation were needed to progress this will spur me on.

    ReplyDelete