Saturday 21 May 2016

Path to glory, The cult of the exquisite corpse.


While I've been adrift in the sea of madness these have been appearing on my table so I thought id share the progress of my war-band so far. Introducing the newly formed cult of the exquisite corpse. 

This mess is usually how I set about converting although in this case I wanted to build the models as whole models just from the bits in my stash.
Along with a plague marine champion and chosen. the back and uper torso of the plague marine will need to be green stuffed.
Progress with the cultists using quite a few reclaimed bits from bad ebay purchases.

 The plague marine is quite large due to the blight kings torso. Standing next to a cultist he's quite a good bit bigger which is only right for a marine.
chosen champion

New phone means new camera much better results on the samsung s7. 
I got base colours and washes on the plague marine. Think I might call him Kang
 The rear shot looks a little off but when the backpack is on it covers the uneven look
Here is a shot of the size deference. 

The cultists were made using parts from three/ four different manufacturers and I'm happy with how the proportions worked out.

The guy in the centre is called Wade as I was watching deadpool at the time.
Which inspired the samurai swords.
I've also started work on several more cultists so I have enough to field them in our usual games. I wanted each one to feel very individual yet retaining an overall unity.


That brings us up to date with where I am on this project although I have been sidetracked by buying both overkill and knight renegade. There are not enough hours in the day to feed my addiction. 

 Unfortunately the hobby stuff had to be packed away for a short time but I'm itching to get paint on these bad boys its only a matter of time before the inspiration takes me.

14 comments:

  1. Whoa.....looking good Rob. I'd like to see a photo of the Blight King Plague Marine next to a cultist for comparison. You need to be careful with him, once you start going down the 'True Scale' path, it can take all of your hobby time up ;-)
    I'm glad you've posted these up though, it will help me to focus more on my warband because at the moment HBS is in full flight. I'm flitting between Daemons, Renegade Knights, Slaangors, Noise Marines and a certain Chaos Spawn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear the fleshsmith has been busy. I will get a shot of them together and edit it in. Its not quite as extreme as true scale but certainly noticeable.

      Delete
    2. The size difference looks great. My cultists are bigger than my Noise Marines!

      Delete
    3. Great looking models Rob, regards Steve

      Delete
  2. They look very fitting and individual for your chosen god Rob. That's how i think chaos marine armies should look no model identical. I hear you not enough hours in the day for our hobby that's why most of the time im up till all hours chipping away lol. Great work pal keep it up;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to have intense periods of modelling and painting as sometimes the lot has to be put away then it seems like a big job to get started again

      Delete
  3. I hear you pal. I'm guilty for swoping between projects get board or run out of ideas or come up with new ideas for other projects. For example my slaanesh style scratch built bike unit as taken me best part of 2 years to finish. Just need to paint them now. I'll quote Gary the hobby butterfly as i type i can hear my obliteaters calling me or should i start my new project spawn unit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lord Adiatun Varunn22 May 2016 at 05:34

    Beautiful, a perfect plaguemarine, I think even in terms of proportions. An addition which fully reflects the gifts of the Grandfather.Maybe even Tosis will have a similar treatment to demonstrate his new role and power?
    Anyway all my compliments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tosis is the next build on my list. The gathering of parts has begun. Along with the begining of a sorcerer.

      Delete
    2. Tosis is the next build on my list. The gathering of parts has begun. Along with the begining of a sorcerer.

      Delete
  5. Looking good and very Nurgle like. Will we see them fighting the forces of the youngest god soon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both Gary and I are still some way from compliteing our warband but soon hopefully.

      Delete
    2. Both Gary and I are still some way from compliteing our warband but soon hopefully.

      Delete
  6. Nice! The blight king makes for a great Nurgle CSM.

    ReplyDelete