Tuesday 2 December 2014

Chaotic Visions - Soul-shrine of Chaos

I've been having a great time playing a mini-campaign with Rob just lately. We've had so much fun that the result of the game has been secondary to the story that has evolved. The ideas that we keep coming up with have really helped to enrich our games and replace the 'let's practice for the next tournament' mentality that can be easy to fall into.
While playing the Assault On Black Reach Campaign, we both thought that we really should have a 'Shrine to Chaos' seeing as we were fighting on a Daemon Forgeworld. Fortunately I remembered an old plastic skull I had lying around that would make an ideal Soul-Shrine. So with a bit of hardboard, some Cork Bark, a plastic skull, a raid on the bits box and a few enjoyable hours of chopping things up, here is what I came up with:
Image



Side View
Image
Rear View
Image
The Other Side
Image
Top View
Image
Turns out that it fits perfectly with one of my old objective markers.
Image
To give the overall effect of this.
Image
Of course, the downside to this is that my armies are receiving very little love at the moment, but such is the curse of the hobby butterfly ;-) .

1 comment:

  1. That's a great looking piece. I really like the texture of it.

    ReplyDelete