Friday 21 July 2017

Reader's Army - Latori dell’Odio


Greetings Sinners!
I have another fantastic reader's army to share with you. A warband from the XVIIth Legion, the bearer's of the word and keeper's of the Faith.......





Hello everyone,
my name is Marco, though for the readers of this blog I’m Lord Adiatun Varunn, and I am Italian. Before sharing with You the pictures of my Undivided Chaos Warband, the Hatebringers, I would once again like to thank Gary, Rob, Iain and Michael for their commitment and the love they put into our hobby and to the atmosphere of "pub under house" that have created and, in particular, to Gary for creating, as a good servant of Slaanesh, this opportunity: after all, what Chaos Lord would not be tempted to show his ever conquering army? 
My idea of a Warband was born many years ago when I was fascinated by the bleak and dark background of 40k and I decided to start playing with my dearest friend Loris ... without realizing it, I had sold my soul forever  and so, as an offshoot of the Legion of the Wordbearers, little by little, was born the Hatebringers Warband (Latori dell’Odio in Italian), a project which, unlike my other armies, is not due to end in a certain amount of points, but grows and develops according to the inspiration of the moment, to conversion that comes in my mind or the pieces on which I can put my greedy claws… Chaos is the absence of constraints, no?
But no more talk and let's start with the pictures (apologies for my English and for the lack of quality of pictures)

Lord Adiatun Varunn, Magister Sublimis
My avatar in game, as well as the Big Boss of the Hatebringers. Its name comes from a character in a book by Harry Turtledove matched with the vedic deity of law ... as a good Member of the 17!


Colegium Superstes
Is the set of HQ available to me: the Warpsmith Avernius Bosch, the Artifex and Magos Septimius Ceylan, Keeper of the Forge, the Lords Sorcerers Lukayan, Vornir and Vendrea,  the Dark Apostle Mash 'ir, also known as Pater Antistes, and the Chaos Lords Sa'Vesh of the First Century, the Conclave of Spite, and Enomaos of the Eighth Company.







Helbrute IOGHNA, the Believer, Sectator



MALAPAGA, the Lost Brother, Conspectus Terrificus
More a kind of super-possessed rather than a daemon Prince


“Beasts of Malapaga”
My beloved possessed


Chaos Rhinos “MALEVOLO” (MALEVOLENT) and “ACREDINE” (BITTERNESS)



“Sons of Man”
Chaos spawn.


Defiler “IDOLATROUS”


NEOPTOLEMOS, the King burning in Wrath
Scratch built Renegade Knight



And the gang all together ... at the moment at least, obviously every team has a name and every champion is baptized ... but You would be bored to death ;-)


I hope You enjoyed it and… 
see you soon, at least as a commentator.

Marco






9 comments:

  1. Hello Marco! Your army is literally aflame with hellfire and brimstone. :-D One must doff his hat to your for all those hours spent converting and assembling the models, it's certainly a unique take on the Word Bearers the one that you've got. I have to say, I never came close to achieving believable flame effects, but yours are nicely done indeed. Cheers, Jose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord Adiatun Varunn21 July 2017 at 13:50

    Thank you, Jose, your compliments make me proud... and flames and sulphur are good travel companions of the seventeenth ๐Ÿ˜„
    the flames were a fluke: a children's modelling clay of a nice bright yellow that accepts verte well the GW and Vallejo colours. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to use tissue paper because it also soaks up quite well the pigment in a fashion not like hard substances like cloaks or armour, but had no joy with it. I'll take note of your method. Did I see the waist and legs of a truly ancient Heroquest Chaos Warrior as part of your incarnation Lord Vatrun? Another true Veteran of the Long War. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lord Adiatun Varunn22 July 2017 at 05:52

      Good eye, Jose! Adiatun's legs are right by the Warriors of Chaos... Fronte the dawn of time ... After all Lord Varunn has been around for a long time ๐Ÿ˜„

      Delete
    2. Lord Adiatun Varunn22 July 2017 at 06:12

      From the dawn of time... T9 autocorrector is TRULY demonic!

      Delete
  4. Marco, great job. I hope we see more of your toys in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lord Adiatun Varunn22 July 2017 at 05:03

      Thanks, Michael! Maybe next time it will touch the flesh and blood of the Legion ... Or to my personal interpretations of the demonic war machines ... Always if what it can do to please you ๐Ÿ˜Š

      Delete
  5. I saw this army in person and, sadly the pictures, don't do it enough justice! It is imposing and shows the work of love of a very talented converter: every single model is unique and personal, exuding the brooding glory and purpose of the traitors Astartes. The traitor Knight conversion is amazing and should every loyalist's resolve crumble to dust. To complete the titanic effort Marco's made is the detailed and deep background he has created for his army! My praises to this host, the Dark Gods are surely pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lord Adiatun Varunn3 August 2017 at 02:44

    Thank you, Loris, your appreciation has made my day :-)

    ReplyDelete