Sunday 25 June 2017

Reader's Army! The Fabulous Host of Lord Fangorio


Greetings Sinners!
Today I have something special for you. A wonderfully sumptuous army painted by one our readers, The Scientist. He has been a long time visitor to the blog and it is with the greatest of pleasure that offer up these images of The Fabulous Host of Lord Fangorio.
So without further ado, I hand you over to The Scientist......







My name is Jose and I've been following this blog more or less since its inception. It was a great source of inspiration to my splinter force of Emperor's Children, The Fabulous Host of Lord Fangorio. The characters are named a bit tongue-in-cheek after a few worthies of a particularly gaudy and discordant 1980's Spanish musical genre. 
This project was partlyinspired by my reading of Josh Reynold's "Kharn: Eater of Worlds"; a very characterful novel set in the Scouring, specifically just before the Battle for Skalathrax which saw the World Eaters break themselves against the Emperor's Children. I imagined the III Legion as somewhat cohesive and not broken into small warbands as in latter times, so the theme is quite conventional (if uninspired , of course). As I'm forever hovering on the brink between the Horus Heresy and the 41st (or is it the 42nd now?) milleniums, I tried to keep the force valid for both settings.


Lord Fangorio



'The Unsubtles' - Phoenix Guard in heavy duty gear, Chaos Terminators of Slaanesh. 


'Nachukanu' - Chaos Sorcerer of Slaanesh

'The Exemplars' - Chaos Space Marines

'The Screechers' - Noise Marines

Mortal Fodder - Very much borrowed from time to time by my other armies.

'The Flying Circus of the Mauve Baron - Slaaneshi Raptors

'Bunbury' - Sonic Dreadnought, a true relic (now, sadly discontinued) of past times of excess.

'Spear of Bellerophon' Predator Annihilator.


I don't know about uninspired Jose, but it looks pretty damned inspiring to me mate.
I love the names and all of the details you've added such as the Sorcerer and Terminator heads and your Noise Marines just make my heart sing!
We may not have rules for Sonic Dreads anymore but I would be more than happy to face such a fine Dreadnought (I so wish that I had bought one now). A Dreadnought chassis with twin Blastmasters is easy enough to cost and I can't see any right-minded player objecting to such a beauty!

A truly outstanding army and thank you for taking the time to showcase it for us.

If anybody else wants to showcase their army (or models) feel free to post a message and we can work something out...until next time....may Our Lady grant you her number!






9 comments:

  1. What a great looking army. Bravo Jose.
    Thanks for sharing it Cas and I agree on that sonic dread being amazing. Wish I had picked up my legions version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord Adiatun Varunn26 June 2017 at 02:36

    What a great collection, a real feast for the eyes! I'm always amazed by the quality of the painting of the miniatures that are shown here ... Truly something where the Third Legion can be proud!!!
    This Reader's Army corner is truly a temptation,Castigator; Do you want to tickle our ego to let us fall into the embrace of Lord Slaanesh?
    I'm very tempted, although I don't think adding a lot of quality for my part...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free to post a link to any pictures you want to share. It's all about inspiring each other and giving each other the incentive to indulge in our hobby ;-)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the kind words, all three of you. :-) The highlights are not quite so neat or consistent when you pick up the miniatures in your hand, but my painting style matches the dribs and drabs of free time I have every now and then. The heads are from one of the small Polish companies, Maxmini or Kromlech, I can't remember at the moment, but it's easy to go overblown with the details and I wanted the barest kitbash to make them stand out without losing their personality.

    I'll be sharing with you in the near future a few more pics of the Phoenix Guard with spears (they need an extra highlight) and other additions already in the pipeline.

    Cheers, Jose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice looking army mate! Love your terminators and dreadnought; -) Think ill have to pull my finger out and finish my flawless host shouldn't i gaz lol Nice idea letting reader's show there models off:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully it will give you some incentive to get 'em painted now ;-)

      Delete
  5. Hello, Oliver. Thanks for your appreciation. When putting together the Terminators I wanted to achieve a look like FW's Phoenix Guard, clad in Tartaros Armour, but it wasn't available in plastic as it is now and I went for the halfway solution of clipping the crest off a 'Scarab Warrior' from one of these Polish Companies (a Thousand Son stand-in) and the snout looked quite right. :-) Warp time permitting and at the pleasure of our mutual host, I'll be adding a few updates in due course. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there Jose. Well good job and keep the pics coming looking forward to seeing more of your work keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete